Last month we began our series on Coercive and Deceptive Interrogation with an introduction to these techniques and how they generally contribute to false confessions, wrongful convictions and over-sentencing. On December 13th we will continue the series by focusing on the ways these techniques specifically impact youth and people with a learning disability. We’ll also begin to discuss possible solutions.
This will be an interactive event and participants will leave with ways they can begin to Take Action.
Trying to decide if this Conversation is for you?
- Do you have a family member in K-12?
- Do you know someone (of any age) with a learning disability?
- Are you a special education instructor?
- Do you want to end the school to prison pipeline?
- Do you provide legal services to youth or people with learning disabilities?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, this conversation will have something for you.
Our panel is still forming but will include both experts and people who have been either directly impacted themselves or have an impacted family member. The event will be interactive. Registration is Required.