Do I need to download a program on to my device?
No. But MemoryFox will ask for permission to access your device’s video and pictures. You must give it permission to record a video.
Why do you need my Full Name?
MemoryFox (program we use) was designed using the Full Name field to “file” uploaded videos together. We cannot change this. So, we’ve included a question that lets you tell us how you want to be identified — including the option to be anonymous. Most of the time, we won’t need to identify anyone when we use your video.
I followed the link (or scanned the QR code), but all I have is a blank page.
Depending on your phone or browser, this may happen. If it does, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select “Open this page in a browser” (or it may have the name of the browser).
I don’t have time to record all my answers at once. Can I still participate?
Yes. Once you have entered your basic information and given your consent, you have 2 – 3 days to complete all the prompts/questions. When you are ready to continue recording, just reclick the link and you should be taken back to where you left off.
Can I make a practice video?
Yes. You can record your video as many times as you want to. Then only upload the video you like. We only see the videos and images you upload.
Tips for a quality video:
- Pick a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted or pick up a lot of background noise.
- Record in a well-lit place and avoid having a lot of light behind you.
- Don’t hold your device too close to your face.
- If possible, hold or place your device’s lens slightly higher than your line of vision. This will keep you from tipping your head too far forward.
- Take a couple of deep breaths before you hit the record button. This will help you relax.
- If you make a mistake when speaking, you don’t need to start from the beginning. Just pause and start your sentence over again. This should give us room to edit out the mistake.
- Remember, you only need to upload a video once you are happy with it. Record as many times as you like. We only see the videos you upload.