The Content Creation Volunteer Team plays an important role in helping Emergent Justice tell stories that matter. We tell stories to bring awareness to an issue or situation, to deepen the public’s understanding of the issue, and then motivate them to take action in some way (sign a petition, attend a rally, contact their elected officials, become involved in our work on the issue).
The more volunteers we have working with us on content creation, the more stories we can tell.
We ask that content creation volunteers:
- commit to volunteering 3 – 5 hours per week
- be able to work independently, meet deadlines and be detail oriented
- be willing to sign a Volunteer Agreement
The volunteer positions on this Team are described below. Please check all positions that interest you on the form:
- Videographers – video events, interviews, take footage for videos, as assigned. Requires your own equipment. Some training may be required.
- Photographers – take photos of events, locations, people, as assigned. Requires your own equipment. Some training may be required.
- Writer – draft related blog posts and/or social media posts from information provided
- Graphic Design – Emergent Justice primarily uses Canva. But familiarity with, and access to, other graphic design software is accepted.
- Video editing – Emergent Justice primarily uses Canva. But familiarity with, and access to, other video editing software is accepted.
- Voice over – record voice track for videos or other materials as assigned. Requires access to a good voice recording app and a space to record your voice without interruption
- Research – research topics as assigned.
- Event Documenter – attend actions, events, public meetings as assigned and submit a report back to the communications staff. Some training required.